Scroll to learn more about this position
READY TO TAKE ON NEW CHALLENGES?
With the tech sector a pillar of Colorado’s economy, the Colorado Technology Association (CTA) is one of the largest trade organizations in the State. Representing member companies, tech, and business professionals, CTA works to bring collaboration among Colorado’s tech community, accelerate growth and tell the story of innovation in Colorado. This continued focus on the technology sector has shaped an identity leading to impressive economic diversity for Colorado with more than 11,000 companies employing 150,000 employees, generating $15.2 billion in payroll.
- Fundraising and sales in non-profit environments
- An established network of private and public sector senior executives is desired
- Managing a multi-million dollar operational budget
- Leadership experience and ability to recruit, hire and develop teams
- Experience sitting on Board of Directors of associations or non-profits
- Technology background or experience working in technology, preferred
- Public speaking and presentation skills
CTA Strategic Pillars
1. Advocacy. Advocate for a pro-business and tech environment.
2. Economic Development. Command initiatives that help companies grow.
3. Talent. Influence a robust tech talent pipeline and workforce.
4. Community. Lead an inclusive network that benefits our community.
Role will require:
Are You Built For The Challenge?
The President and CEO of Colorado Technology Association is an outgoing-relationship-builder who can inspire team members, board members and the community alike to participate in events and initiatives. The CEO also has the business experience to be operational and execute.
- Great public speaker
- Engaging with all types of people: staff, BOD, members and investors, legislators, and volunteers
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate events and initiatives
- Vision for growth of association and industry for next 5+ years
- Knowledge of advocacy and public policy, economic development and workforce with respect to the tech sector
- Ability to articulate and execute a clearly defined strategy for the organization
- Ability to execute vision
- Confidence to build an operational model for future growth
- An understanding of a not-for-profit association environment
- Responsible to grow revenue that funds the initiatives of the organization
- Ability to establish, measure and trend Key Performance Indicators, market data and other success metrics
- Personable communication both verbal and written
- Encouraging and persuasive to be more involved in association and initiatives
The Interview Process
Executive Search Committee
Executive Board Interview
Meet the Executive Search Committee
Finding the perfect candidate is extremely important to this organization. This committee consists of past, current and incoming board chairpersons, who will work closely with the new CEO, as well as other board members who have experience in different sectors and sizes of member companies.
Send Us Your Resume
Thank you for your interest in leading the technology community in Colorado. Resumes are no longer being accepted.